Shalex Canvas Cote 5ltr | Waterproofer for textile coating for fabric, canvas, cotton
Shalex Canvas Cote 5ltr Liquid Fabric Waterproofer
Shalex Canvas Cote is a waterborne waterproofing compound designed to penetrate into fabrics such as canvas and provide an impervious membrane to stop the ingress of shallow pooling water and wind driven rain, and to prolong the life of ageing canvas products.
Canvas Cote dries clear and remains highly flexible under extreme elongation and under constant exposure to moisture and/or hydrostatic pressure. Canvas Cote is suitable for more open weave fabrics and is able to plug needle punch holes and leaking seams, where silicone based sealers are ineffective.
Once applied Canvas Cote forms an acrylic membrane and will provide a barrier to water penetration for many years. Unlike silicone water repellents Canvas Cote does not require periodic treatment. Canvas cote may slightly stiffen thinner fabrics as it forms a flexible film.
• Adds to the life of ageing canvas products
• Effective on needle punch holes and leaky seams
• Does not require periodic application
• One component
• Highly flexible, accomodates movement
• Waterborne for easy application and clean up
• Safe to use with minimal vapour
• Dries to a clear, transparent finish
• Permanently flexible, excellent resistance to embrittlement
• Outstanding adhesion over a wide variety of substrates
• May be painted over with any acrylic based paint (e.g. stencils)
Apply one or more coats with a brush, roller or pesticide type sprayer keeping the product in contact with the surface for as long as possible to maximise absorption. If using a spray, multiple light passes over an area are preferable to one heavy pass. Additional coats over problem areas like seams may be required to fully seal.
|No. of Coats:
|1 - 3
|1L = approx 10m²
|Recoat: 1 - 2 Hours
Dry: 12 - 14 Hours
| Fully Cured:
|When wet: Water
When dry: Solvent
|12 - 18 Months
|5°C - 35°C
|Brush, Roller or Spray